Monday 24 June 2013

Snap 23: The Study

Hi girls!

A couple of weeks ago I told you girls that I took a trip to Ikea to get some furniture for my dads new study! Well here is the finished (nearly!) room!


And yes he has filled up the bookshelf already! And yes that is beer bottles in the glass cabinet, he has loads of old beer bottles (unopened)! He collects strange things, hehe! We need to get a new door for between his office and the porch, which leads to the back door! I like the dark grey wood effect of all the furniture. The floor and walls go well with it! He just needs to get a computer and then put some painting up on the walls and its done! 

My dad is also using this room as a place for him to paint. He has an easel propped up, which you can't see in the photo. He is a great artist! This is the reason the walls are an ivory colour, as he wants as much light in the room as possible for when he is painting. Even thought the furniture is quite dark, the room is still really bright.


2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely office! Looks like a great working environment. I love the desk and the bookshelf.

    xx

    http://www.rachellouisehenderson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I love the beer bottles, something my dad would do too :p looks like such a tidy and organised space :D I need this in my house!

    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...