Thursday 14 February 2013

100 Things That Make Me Happy! Part 5

Hello, how are you all? 

Oh and a Happy Valentine's Day, whether you have someone to share the day with or not! I am now half way through my 100 things series! For the previous posts, click here. Firstly, is a little sentimental note.

41. Remembering good times with Grandparents now gone.

"Sometimes saying goodbye is hard, but when you know they are now at peace, it somehow doesn't seem so bad."


My Granpa and Gran on their wedding day in 1956.

My Granpa died on the 5th of February, his funeral was yesterday, the 13th of February. I know he will be so happy now that he is back with my Gran, who he has missed terribly. He will now be looking down on his daughter (my mum) and will be  so so proud of her, who was there taking care of him right until the end.

Three types of love right there (Husband to Wife, Father to Daughter and Daughter to Father), all are unconditional.... This is Valentine's Day after all, a day for all types of love. 

The only Valentine's day card my Granpa ever gave was in 1958 and it was to his daughter who was not yet a month old, my mum. It is happy little things like this that help get you through.

42. Having a soul mate

43. Knowing you will grow old with some one
Robert and I, 3 and a half years ago! Look! I have long hair!

44. Romantic Films...

45. Hot Chocolate

46. Having Robert as an Encyclopedia! He knows everything!

47. Spending time with our nephew, Robbie!

48. Snowy Days

49. Taking photographs
50. Give Aways!
Today is the last day to enter!

And that's my 10 for this week! If you are doing something nice for Valentine's Day then enjoy it!

Love, Jen x

8 comments:

  1. Love the things that make you happy! You and Robert look great together!
    I love hot chocolate and romantic films. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, I hope you are ok

    Lauren
    Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo of your grandparents!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa Jen, I hope you are ok and taking good care of yourself.
    Lovely list, looking forward to seeing the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) yea I'm fine lovely, we kind of knew it was his time

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the pic of your grandparents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing old fashion photos like it! So I thought I would share it :)

      Jen xxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...