Wednesday 12 December 2012

Sleek Storm Palette Review Plus Looks!!

Hi girls!

So remember when I went to Superdrug and wrote this post on my haul, well I said I would tell you what I thought of the palette, show you the colours and maybe do a look for you? Well that post is finally here! Yay!

This was my first Sleek palette, after reading so many reviews on all the different ones and then looking through all the palettes in Superdrug, I decided that this palette was my favourite! 




Sleek's eye shadow palettes are all from a range called iDivine, here is what Sleek make up say about their palettes:

"Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divines are 12 shades of high-quality, super-pigmented eye shadow, suited to every skin tone."

For the price of £7.99, I think this palette is absolutely superb! The eye shadows are all very pigmented, like they say, and have a very creamy consistency. So good so far! Now lets go onto the Storm palettes range of colours!



As you can see, there are three mattes in this palette and the other nine are all gorgeous shimmery colours. You get a very good range of colours in this palette as you will see now (oh and Sleek does not name their eye shadows, so I have just described the colour!)!


Clockwise from top left: Light copper, White gold, Blue grey and Chocolate brown with gold shimmer.

Matte beige, Yellow gold, Sapphire blue and Emerald green.

Peachy pink, Dark brown with pink sparkle, Matte black and Matte brown.

So overall you can see a great range of colours, which can be used for day time or night time use. There is an amazing highlight colour with the light gold, a good base colour with the matte beige, a fab colour for wearing on its own during the day, peachy pink and the a great black eye shadow which can be used as liner! Also can I just say sorry if my swatches are not the best and sorry for the close up of my hands! It is what Eczema does to them (sad face)! Ok so onto two looks I have created for you! Also please excuse the eyebrows! Hehe!

Firstly is the night time/going out look! 

I used the Blue grey shade all over the eye lid and the used the darker sapphire colour on the crease and pulled it out from my bottom lash line to create a flick. Also please excuse the little fall out! Naughty Sleek!

To finish off the look, I used the light gold colour as a highlight both on the brow bone and on the inner corner of my eye. I also used the matte black as a liner, and also used a little on my bottom water line. Mascara was then added!

Now onto the more natural day time look, which could be used for a special occasion.

As a base I used the matte beige colour and then starting from the middle of my eye outwards I used the peachy pink colour. 

I then used the browny/pink colour at the very corner of my eye and pulled it up and out, also using this under my bottom lashes towards the end and bringing this upwards to join the rest of the eye shadow. I used the matte brown lightly to line the top lash line and also used the same light gold as a highlight as in the other look! Finally I used mascara to finish it off!

 I hope you liked the looks I created and there is so so many more that can be done too! I really recommend the Storm palette and the eye shadows are very easy to blend together. The only down side of them is that there can be a little fall out from the darker shadows under my eye, so be prepared for this! Don't be put off though, because for the price I think these are excellent shadows! I know I will definitely be buying the Oh So Special palette next!! 

Have you tried these eye shadows? What do you think of them?

Love, Jen x

4 comments:

  1. I recently bought some sleek pallets too! So happy with them! xox

    The Style Khaleesi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! yea i will definitely be buying another! so good for the price!!

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely colours, loved the different styles you've used with the palette!

    Lauren
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.co,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) its a really great palette!!

      Jen xxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...